Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: BF3 Stats on iOS ?

Quote Originally Posted by HigH_HawK View Post
    Is there no way to report an App on that store? You could report the app to the AppStore people and giving them the reason why you are reporting it. Maybe this will help.
    The thing is that I'd be more interested in knowing the reasons why my app was originally banned and his is not.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex-Twil View Post
    The thing is that I'd be more interested in knowing the reasons why my app was originally banned and his is not.
    You can be sure, EA will contact the developer of this app directly or via Apple.
    I think they are keeping an eye on all the app stores and will do whatever is necessary.

Btw: In the meantime, EA allowed me to republish my app under another name - and for free. The app is currently waiting for review and should be back online within the next days.

Best,
    xbenderCH

Quote Originally Posted by xbenderCH View Post
    You can be sure, EA will contact the developer of this app directly or via Apple.
    I think they are keeping an eye on all the app stores and will do whatever is necessary.

Btw: In the meantime, EA allowed me to republish my app under another name - and for free. The app is currently waiting for review and should be back online within the next days.

Best,
    xbenderCH
    ok. So was the problem the fact that you were selling it or that you used "Battlelog" in the app's name ?

ok. So was the problem the fact that you were selling it or that you used "Battlelog" in the app's name ?
    A combination of both

To don't run into problems, you should not use any trademarks ('Battlelog', 'Battlefield', etc) within your name nor within the search terms. You can use them within the description of your app to describe the purpose of the app. I'm not sure about the price, but it's definitely more harmless to give it away for free then selling it

Please not that this information is valid for my case... I don't know about other cases, but I think as long as you follow these rules, you should be fine.

What interests me is, is there only a system running over the app or is it a real person who checks the app and than releases it to the market?

I presume it is just a system running over it as there might be millions of apps being uploaded on a day and it does not seem to catch the important/forbidden things. For example this app is called "Battlelog". The name "Battlelog" is under copyright/trademark of EA/DICE who own the name legally. A person would have caught that and refused the app on the market. However I could be wrong!

Do you know how their system works?

Quote Originally Posted by HigH_HawK View Post
    What interests me is, is there only a system running over the app or is it a real person who checks the app and than releases it to the market?

I presume it is just a system running over it as there might be millions of apps being uploaded on a day and it does not seem to catch the important/forbidden things. For example this app is called "Battlelog". The name "Battlelog" is under copyright/trademark of EA/DICE who own the name legally. A person would have caught that and refused the app on the market. However I could be wrong!

Do you know how their system works?
    It's definitely a person who gives the final go. I supposed they have some automated test cases to check for example if the app uses a non documented API (which is forbidden) but there is a person who tests the app before approving/rejecting it. It takes usually around 6-7 days for an app to be reviewed. So there is a long queue.

Not all testers might know the game Battlefield and the fact that "Battlelog" belongs to EA. That's probably why some not really legal apps get approved.

It's definitely a person who gives the final go. I supposed they have some automated test cases to check for example if the app uses a non documented API (which is forbidden) but there is a person who tests the app before approving/rejecting it. It takes usually around 6-7 days for an app to be reviewed. So there is a long queue.

Not all testers might know the game Battlefield and the fact that "Battlelog" belongs to EA. That's probably why some not really legal apps get approved.
    And: 'Battlelog' is not a registered trademark (at least the last time I've done a research it wasn't). But in case of trademarks, they could be reserved even if they are not registered. Which is the case for Battlelog in conjunction with the game Battlefield.

Apple review process:
    I agree with you that there is a person who gives the final go. I assume they run the app on a special device / simulator which detects usage of non-public API etc. But those are just assumptions and only apple knows how they do it.

User
    BFBC2 360
    bockwai
    BF2142
    bockwai
    BF3 PC
    bockwai

Hmm, well, we've received the ban hammer for our app on Google Play today for BF3 Statilyzer Base Camp. It took almost 6 months for EA to come trolling but they finally did. We never charged for the app although there was some artwork that we modified from a wallpaper. I suppose that is whats the problem since we dont have Battlefield or Battlelog in our app name.

Quote Originally Posted by bockwai View Post
    Hmm, well, we've received the ban hammer for our app on Google Play today for BF3 Statilyzer Base Camp. It took almost 6 months for EA to come trolling but they finally did. We never charged for the app although there was some artwork that we modified from a wallpaper. I suppose that is whats the problem since we dont have Battlefield or Battlelog in our app name.
    It's annoying that they don't even bother to say why they bann the apps.
    BF3 Stats on iPhone - www - @PlayerStatsApp

Check you search terms against usage of any trademarks.

I suggest contacting EA to get an official approve from them. Then you should be fine.

User
    BFBC2 360
    bockwai
    BF2142
    bockwai
    BF3 PC
    bockwai

Yea, but will EA even bother to provide this for an app developer?

User

How was you contacted?
    Things are happening at the Play Store/Android Market now. All major stats app are gone, except my app "Battlefield BF3 Stats". This does not look good, especially since I have been in trouble with Google before. I guess my app (and maybe my developer account) will be gone in the next few days.

User
    BFBC2 360
    bockwai
    BF2142
    bockwai
    BF3 PC
    bockwai

Quote Originally Posted by bjorncs View Post
    How was you contacted?
    Things are happening at the Play Store/Android Market now. All major stats app are gone, except my app "Battlefield BF3 Stats". This does not look good, especially since I have been in trouble with Google before. I guess my app (and maybe my developer account) will be gone in the next few days.
    We received a DMCA violation by EA thru Google Play. I noticed at there are several other app creators included in this email from Google Play that are all subject to the ban hammer. I think your app is included in this email. Might want to check your Google Play account email for it. Curious to know if you've received it.

User

We received a DMCA violation by EA thru Google Play. I noticed at there are several other app creators included in this email from Google Play that are all subject to the ban hammer. I think your app is included in this email. Might want to check your Google Play account email for it. Curious to know if you've received it.
    Could you please send me this email through pm?

User

I read your DCMA email and couldn't find my app there. I have neither received anything from Google or EA. Seems wired, as most of the popular stats apps were listed in the email.

User
    BFBC2 360
    bockwai
    BF2142
    bockwai
    BF3 PC
    bockwai

I read your DCMA email and couldn't find my app there. I have neither received anything from Google or EA. Seems wired, as most of the popular stats apps were listed in the email.
    Expect the ban hammer from EA is coming. For whatever reason theyve decided to drop the hammer on the app stat tracking community. If they dont have an app of their own created for BF3 then I fail to understand why they feel the need to drop the hammer on the community like this.

User

The official battlelog app is out!
    http://mp1st.com/2012/04/16/battlefi...the-app-store/

User
    BFBC2 360
    bockwai
    BF2142
    bockwai
    BF3 PC
    bockwai

Well that explains the App Store ban hammer sweep. Why Android though? And why is there no iPad version? After about a 6 month delay this is the best they can come up with? Its not bad but it took them long enough just to produce this version for iPhone.

BF3 Stats on iPhone - www - @PlayerStatsApp

User
    BFBC2 360
    bockwai
    BF2142
    bockwai
    BF3 PC
    bockwai

No iPad version = eh. No Android version = meh.