I've never had seen this bad of a spawn system before.

My real big complaint about this game, that I have noticed since I played it more often, is the spawn system. The spawn system is one of the worst I have ever encountered, and it is very noticable in Deathmatch/Squad Deathmatch. Now, I've played games that have horrid respawns(Halo 3, CoD Black Ops), and BF3 blows those out of the water in comparison. The spawn spaws are absolutely awful, and by this I mean I spawn next to multiple enemies, or an enemy that just killed me multiple times per game. Now I get it, an occasional bad spawn is part of the game, but it is a recurring thing. In Rush and Conquest, it's a little different with spawn camping, but the two aforementioned, it gets a little annoying dying instantly after spawning. I odn't know if I'm only the one who notices this, but it tends to get on my nerves.

PHP Developer
    BF3 PC
    Grezvany13
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: Grezvany13 Steam ID: Grezvany13

Re: I've never had seen this bad of a spawn system before.

You think that Russian soldiers will wait for the Americans to come to their trap?

No! They starting nuking both the east and west coast so the Americans don't even get a change to invade Russia.

The same applies to Battlefield 3.
    Member of [DD] DoubleDutchClan - Largest Dutch Multi Gaming Community Since 2007

Proud developer of: BF3Stats API Class - A simple PHP Framework for your own projects

Quote Originally Posted by Grezvany13 View Post
    You think that Russian soldiers will wait for the Americans to come to their trap?

No! They starting nuking both the east and west coast so the Americans don't even get a change to invade Russia.

The same applies to Battlefield 3.
    ...And this relates to a video game how???

Quote Originally Posted by AFireOutside View Post
    My real big complaint about this game, that I have noticed since I played it more often, is the spawn system. The spawn system is one of the worst I have ever encountered, and it is very noticable in Deathmatch/Squad Deathmatch. Now, I've played games that have horrid respawns(Halo 3, CoD Black Ops), and BF3 blows those out of the water in comparison. The spawn spaws are absolutely awful, and by this I mean I spawn next to multiple enemies, or an enemy that just killed me multiple times per game. Now I get it, an occasional bad spawn is part of the game, but it is a recurring thing. In Rush and Conquest, it's a little different with spawn camping, but the two aforementioned, it gets a little annoying dying instantly after spawning. I odn't know if I'm only the one who notices this, but it tends to get on my nerves.
    You choose where you spawn. If you choose 2 spawn behind a guy in the middle of a fire fight u get what u get. Have u played MW3? compared to that this spawn system rocks.

Ummm, actually you have two decisions in where to spawn: 1) you can spawn on a squad member OR, and this is what I'm talking about, 2) Random Spawn point. So, no, you dont choose where you spawn, you just have the option of choosing where you spawn, hence the term RANDOM SPAWN point. Most of the time, while playing Squad Team D, or just Team D, I spawn using the Random Spawn option because I am smart to know that spawning on team mates is usually a worse option. When I do spawn using the Random Spawn option, I usually spawn in the midst of a firefight, and that is what annoys me. And as for Call of Duty, yes, I have played MW3, and 1 and 2 for that matter: and there is no comparison to how bad the spwns are on Battlefield 3 as they are on the Modern Warfare series(CoD:Black Ops is a different story). If you were to read the entire post, you would see that I mention Call of Duty and reference BF3 spawn points to other games, which I feel have terrible respawns. So, yes, you are partly right in general, but you are not right with consideration of my post.

PHP Developer
    BF3 PC
    Grezvany13
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: Grezvany13 Steam ID: Grezvany13

The spawn system, at least at the PC, works like a charm.

However, it's always possible you spawn on an open location where an enemy has a clear shot at you. But again; you should play with your squad, so spawn at their back when it's safe enough.

I never spawn without a reason. I always spawn at a squadmate when both my squadmate and I think it's safe. If not (or all squadmates are dead), one person spawns and the rest spawns at his back IF SAFE.

You should communicate and start working as a team. It prevents you from dying and actually winning the match.
    Member of [DD] DoubleDutchClan - Largest Dutch Multi Gaming Community Since 2007

Proud developer of: BF3Stats API Class - A simple PHP Framework for your own projects

Quote Originally Posted by AFireOutside View Post
    Ummm, actually you have two decisions in where to spawn: 1) you can spawn on a squad member OR, and this is what I'm talking about, 2) Random Spawn point. So, no, you dont choose where you spawn, you just have the option of choosing where you spawn, hence the term RANDOM SPAWN point. Most of the time, while playing Squad Team D, or just Team D, I spawn using the Random Spawn option because I am smart to know that spawning on team mates is usually a worse option. When I do spawn using the Random Spawn option, I usually spawn in the midst of a firefight, and that is what annoys me. And as for Call of Duty, yes, I have played MW3, and 1 and 2 for that matter: and there is no comparison to how bad the spwns are on Battlefield 3 as they are on the Modern Warfare series(CoD:Black Ops is a different story). If you were to read the entire post, you would see that I mention Call of Duty and reference BF3 spawn points to other games, which I feel have terrible respawns. So, yes, you are partly right in general, but you are not right with consideration of my post.
    In the case of Team Deathmatch the spawn "option" I have is random spawn point only (*XBOX), and this is where a player often spawns and dies 2,3,4 times in the same spot or a few meters away. It's caused by the maps being so small and the spawn zones being overrun for a few seconds before the zone swaps to the other side of the map.

To limit you losses, if you respawn and get killed wait 10-15 seconds longer before your next spawn and you will not be in the same spot.

New User
    BFBC2 360
    OGT 420x
    BF3 360
    OGT 420x

orrr just dont play those game types? lol

or you spawn, find cover asap n wait a few seconds for the dude who killed you to walk by...

simple.

if you get spawn killed in conquest or rush then your just dumb for spawning off your squad mate who is gettin murdered.

otherwise no this game destroys all other fps games when it comes to spawning. If your disagree then you really dont know what your talking about or you only ever play tdm.

I seem to get spawn killed at least 5 to 10 times a match. To be given a few seconds of no damage taken so I can at least get my bearings would be appreciated.