BFBC2 PS3
    meticulousdragon
    BF3 PS3
    meticulousdragon

Question: What Is The "Top Percent" Based On?

I have a question that I was hoping someone could answer. When I look at my stats, specifically my KDR, it gives me a percentage next to that. My stats for KDR say that I'm in the top 58%. My question is out of what players is this top 58% based on? I play on the PS3.

For example, I could see at least three possibilities for this.
    1) This is out all Battlefield 3 players in the world (all platforms, regardless of whether they have updated their stats on this website).
    2) This is out of all PS3 Battlefield 3 players (regardless of whether they have updated their stats on this website).
    3) This is out of all PS3 Battlefield 3 players who have updated their stats on this website.

You could come up with other options, these are just the three possibilities that seemed reasonable to me.

Does anyone know?
    This message posted by meticulousdragon.

Above image from the http://bf3stats.com/ website.

BF3 360
    Ol Barakus

Re: Question: What Is The "Top Percent" Based On?

Its done by platform

I'd say this is correct:
    2) This is out of all PS3 Battlefield 3 players (regardless of whether they have updated their stats on this website).

As always...never 110% sure

BFBC2 PC
    1ApRiL
    NFS World
    1APRIL
    BF2
    1ApRiL
    BF3 PC
    1ApRiL

The right one would be 3)

It's a ranking of all players in our database, separated by Platform.
    So you are only ranked against all PS3 players in our database. This means thay must have been updated at least once on bf3stats.com.

If you keep your mouse over that percentage number, you'll see your rank our of count ranked players.
    Admin of bf3stats.com / bfbcs.com / nfstimes.com / mohstats.com / crystats.com | Twitter

BFBC2 PS3
    meticulousdragon
    BF3 PS3
    meticulousdragon

Thank you for the replies!

What does the top % really mean?

I'm a little confused by the rankings; are only players who have registered with this site factoring into the rankings or is it a global ranking (meaning that it tracks your score versus everyone that has ever player the game)? I have a very hard time believing that my K/D is in the top 2% in the world. Some clarity would be much appreciated

BFBC2 PS3
    meticulousdragon
    BF3 PS3
    meticulousdragon

Re: What does the top % really mean?

I started a thread on the same subject, and an administrator replied. I believe you'll find your answer here.

http://forum.p-stats.com/threads/153...rcent-Based-On

EDIT: This post seems really strange since it links to this very same thread. I think that an administrator combined two similar threads. Those posts with "What does the top % really mean?" at the top are from the "other" thread. The thread I originally started has "Question: What Is The "Top Percent" Based On?" at the top of them.
    Last edited by meticulous; 2012-03-10 at 06:54. Reason: added "EDIT" paragraph to clarify things

BF3 360
    Ol Barakus

Quote Originally Posted by meticulous View Post
    I started a thread on the same subject, and an administrator replied. I believe you'll find your answer here.

http://forum.p-stats.com/threads/153...rcent-Based-On
    DOH!!!

Man i started readin the thread again lol
    Damn you Mary-Jane......you take me to some strange places

ahhh thank you!... just as i suspected it only tracks registered players, i would imagine it being very difficult to track the stats for the +12Million players that have bought the game. Would be cool if battlelog adopted the percent ranking that way we would really know how we stack up to everyone.

BFBC2 PS3
    meticulousdragon
    BF3 PS3
    meticulousdragon

Quote Originally Posted by End Youthinsia View Post
    ahhh thank you!... just as i suspected it only tracks registered players, i would imagine it being very difficult to track the stats for the +12Million players that have bought the game. Would be cool if battlelog adopted the percent ranking that way we would really know how we stack up to everyone.
    I agree that it would be nice to see how we stack up against ALL players. I would probably still be interested in separating things by platform though.

If our stats were compared against everyone, I suspect that you (and everyone here) would be better off. By this, I mean the top percent for our stats would be an even smaller percentage. I don't think that most casual (and generally less skilled) gamers would check in with this website. I think this website generally draws more serious (and generally better) players. Hence, the top percent we see for our stats is comparing us to generally better players to begin with. I could be wrong. That is just my "best estimate" of the situation.

For example, the game of MAG gave you percentages for all of your stats. This was built into the game, and hence covered everyone who played. It actually expressed it a slightly different way, telling you the percent of players you were better than. Regardless, when my KDR just passed one, these MAG stats indicated that I was roughly in the top 20% of players. Essentially, you have a relatively few good players run around and kill lots of people. Most players just die a lot. I suspect, but do not know for sure, that this is the case with most FPS games.

In contrast, when my KDR passed one for BF3, this website indicated I was roughly in the top 55% of players. I suspect this less flattering result is because this website is based on a better-than-average pool of players. Again, that is just my "best estimate" of the situation. I could be wrong.

Would be nice to know for sure.

Essentially, you have a relatively few good players run around and kill lots of people. Most players just die a lot. I suspect, but do not know for sure, that this is the case with most FPS games.

In contrast, when my KDR passed one for BF3, this website indicated I was roughly in the top 55% of players. I suspect this less flattering result is because this website is based on a better-than-average pool of players. Again, that is just my "best estimate" of the situation. I could be wrong.

Would be nice to know for sure.
    You're absolutely right, most players do die alot, I'd say at least 60 % have a negative KDR (ties in with ur 55%). Unless you update your stats on this website it won't track your players progress. So we could have people on here with negative KDR who have never updated when they reached a positive. What you'll find on here is the people who are interested in their progression usually update regularly. Players like myself, Im ranked in the top 700 in the world for KDR and I like to update daily to see my SPM/KDR etc etc... I must say there are many players above me with suspicious KDR who may, for whatever reason, not be getting them legitimately, so I don't think thats a fair representation of world ranking. And likewise, at the bottom end of the chart youre not being shown in comparison to the larger playing populace of BF3. So you may be in the top 30 or 40% of players, it's just the majority don't update.
    Last edited by LordofWar843; 2012-03-10 at 17:26.

BF3 360
    Ol Barakus

Quote Originally Posted by LordofWar843 View Post
    You're absolutely right, most players do die alot, I'd say at least 60 % have a negative KDR (ties in with ur 55%). Unless you update your stats on this website it won't track your players progress. So we could have people on here with negative KDR who have never updated when they reached a positive. What you'll find on here is the people who are interested in their progression usually update regularly. Players like myself, Im ranked in the top 700 in the world for KDR and I like to update daily to see my SPM/KDR etc etc... I must say there are many players above me with suspicious KDR who may, for whatever reason, not be getting them legitimately, so I don't thats a fair representation of world ranking. And likewise, at the bottom end of the chart youre not being shown in comparison to the larger playing populace of BF3. So you may be in the top 30 or 40% of players, it's just the majority don't update.
    Maybe they could do monthly or even weekly leaderboards...or even delete players who havent updated
    for a while

BFBC2 PS3
    meticulousdragon
    BF3 PS3
    meticulousdragon

From the front page of this website, one of the new announcements says this.

If Better Battlelog is installed, you can see within Battlelog data from Bf3Stats.com like worldwide weapon and vehicle rankings, history graphs and other stats information.
    UNQUOTE

Does this give us a true worldwide ranking based on all players who play Battlefield 3, or does it repeat the information from this website (which is based on those players who have updated their information on this website)?

I suspect the latter, but I'm hoping the former is true. Hopefully, by integrating into battlelog, they have found a way to do true worldwide rankings.

Does anyone know for sure?

BFBC2 PC
    1ApRiL
    NFS World
    1APRIL
    BF2
    1ApRiL
    BF3 PC
    1ApRiL

It is a worldwide ranking. But we have not 100% of players in it.
    BetterBattlelog, shows the same date as we do, because they get it from our database.
    Admin of bf3stats.com / bfbcs.com / nfstimes.com / mohstats.com / crystats.com | Twitter

BFBC2 PS3
    meticulousdragon
    BF3 PS3
    meticulousdragon

Quote Originally Posted by 1ApRiL View Post
    It is a worldwide ranking. But we have not 100% of players in it.
    BetterBattlelog, shows the same date as we do, because they get it from our database.
    I understand. Thank you for the reply!

Ya, but u would think all the best players would always want their stats being out there anyway, therefore registering...while the rest (average/decent players) do not!

...& remember ppl, players have to aleast have 100 kills In that specific class/weapon/vehicle to even be seen in that stat!

BFBC2 PC
    maniek76
    BF3 PC
    maniek4fun
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: mariuszb Steam ID: mani3k

Is this possible to implement this "top" stat in signature for some weapon ?

BFBC2 PS3
    meticulousdragon
    BF3 PS3
    meticulousdragon

I have a question that fits into this thread. I thought it better to post it in this thread, than to open an entirely new thread.

Question: Does the "Top 0%" mean that you have the highest stat in the whole world (for your platform, and out of those updated on this website at least once)?

For kills with the "M15 AT MINE", I have 1550 kills. Just next to this, it tells me I'm in the "Top 0%". I was thinking that this worked something like percentiles, in which case I'd expect that the "Top 1%" would be the best anyone could do. So, I was trying to figure out exactly what the "Top 0%" meant.

It's hard to believe that I have the most kills in the world with those mines (on the PS3 platform, and out of those updated on this website at least once). However, I was wondering if that just might actually be the case. I do really love those mines ...

Thanks for any help anyone can provide with this question!

BFBC2 PS3
    meticulousdragon
    BF3 PS3
    meticulousdragon

I have a question that fits into this thread. I thought it better to post it in this thread, than to open an entirely new thread.

Question: Does the "Top 0%" mean that you have the highest stat in the whole world (for your platform, and out of those updated on this website at least once)?

For kills with the "M15 AT MINE", I have 1550 kills. Just next to this, it tells me I'm in the "Top 0%". I was thinking that this worked something like percentiles, in which case I'd expect that the "Top 1%" would be the best anyone could do. So, I was trying to figure out exactly what the "Top 0%" meant.

It's hard to believe that I have the most kills in the world with those mines (on the PS3 platform, and out of those updated on this website at least once). However, I was wondering if that just might actually be the case. I do really love those mines ...

Thanks for any help anyone can provide with this question!
    I figured this out myself. When I click on the blue "0%" link, it takes me to the leaderboards for "Kills with M15 AT MINE".

I'm currently 112 on that leaderboard, with a long way to go to be number 1.