New User

249 shoots blanks?

theres a few support guns that seem to be shooting blanks for me. the 249, mg36 and the rpk. if i use these it takes either 3 or 4 short bursts to get a kill or 1 long 50+ round burst. these are all within range, less than 50 or so feet at mostly stationary targets. it kinda defeats the purpose of having 100+ magazine. is this a ping issue? cause if i switch guns they work fine. its not delay either, i litterally run up on someone from behind, start shooting and they have time to turn around, finish their reload and kill me with like 78% health still. another thing is before i remember how much these guns suck, i put a nice burst into a guy, that normally would be a kill, then move on assuming he's dead. then realize he is still alive, then when i go back to get in more hits he's already taken me down. of course, if i look at the kill cam, they killed me with one of these guns but it only took 1 or 2 hits to put me down. just frustrating.

JBModz
    http://bf3stats.com/stats_ps3/jbmodz

BFBC2 PC
    Grubie
    BF3 PC
    GrubieNL
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: rubenzimo

Re: 249 shoots blanks?

Hmm, I use M249 a lot, but I have never noticed it shooting blanks. I think they're just giving high recoil when firing while standing or crouched.

How do you use the guns? Stationary with a bipod or aggressive foregrip? I use the M249 with HOLO, bipod and tactical light/laser sight. Gives it quite good accuracy, which makes it combined with the rate of fire a killing machine. But the MG36 I use with HOLO, foregrip and tactical light/laser sight. It has little recoil to the left and right so it doesn't require using a bipod like the M249. But that's only my experience.

Grubie

BF3 360
    Ol Barakus

Ive just started using the M249 today, an have to agree with GrubieNL...what a BEAST!
    I havent unlocked HOLO yet, but with the 3.4 scope (I think) make sure ure using the right sight lol
    I mean while using this, you can still see the iron sights, which if aimed with will naturally shoot below
    your aim.

BFBC2 PC
    Grubie
    BF3 PC
    GrubieNL
    Gamer IDs

It's certainly a beast. At the start I also found the 3.4 nice, but the problem is you get a punch of recoil so aiming gets hard while firing long bursts. With the HOLO you'll find less recoil in the point you're aiming at, so you don't have to swipe your mouse down. Ideal for covering fire or spraying bullets into a passage where enemies try to storm in (works very good at close quater maps).

New User

i use the reflex, front grip and suppressor. recoil is very manageable, i know how to aim. this occuring midrange as well as cqb. i can literally walk up to someone, instead of knifing i use the saw and release a long burst into the upper torso and literally 50 bullets come out and i get 2 or 3 hit markers. the red dot never leaves target and i am dead looking at a guy on my kill cam with 50% health running down the street. i'm just trying to narrow it down to ping or lag or what. i don't use it anymore cause if i do it a sure waste of time. since the patch its the same.

PHP Developer
    BF3 PC
    Grezvany13
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: Grezvany13 Steam ID: Grezvany13

Well... the M249 has the same problem as most other weapons; you'll need at least 4 hits to kill someone.

The biggest problem with the M249 is spread. Even though it's very little when laying on the ground and using a bipod, it's HUGH when running and jumping around. And even though it's seems weird, your spread is high enough to miss 80% of the bullets at distances under 10m to the target.

For CQB I recommend the PKP; it's a little slower, although the impact is much higher and has less spread.
    Or stick to the M27 and RPK, since those are battle LMG's
    Member of [DD] DoubleDutchClan - Largest Dutch Multi Gaming Community Since 2007

Proud developer of: BF3Stats API Class - A simple PHP Framework for your own projects

BFBC2 PC
    Grubie
    BF3 PC
    GrubieNL
    Gamer IDs

Exactly, I use the M249 only while proned with a bipod. For assault I use MG36, but PKP and RPK are also good for on-the-move action.

New User

tried it today, it works ok in short bursts but still bad in full auto. i did up my sensitivity some and that seemed to help a lot.

BF3 360
    Ol Barakus

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Ive changed my mind on it! Bloody crap..invisible bullets or targets!!!!!!!!!!
    I cant see how it was so great for 2 days, then faultered on me bad.
    Also, I swear my bi-pod isnt deploying!
    No fun being outgunned by a friggin sniper with a M9 from 10 yards, to then see him runnin round with 110% health!

Thanks Grezvany and Grubie...I'll give those other weapons a go.

BFBC2 PC
    Grubie
    BF3 PC
    GrubieNL
    Gamer IDs

Bipod that doesn't want to deploy... I had that once, but I found out the trick is to aim in front of you on the surface where you want to deploy and than click your mouse button. Most of the times that works. Sometimes it suddenly deploys when you've completed shooting and go from aimed down view to normal view. Very strange.

I also found out that if you keep firing for like 2-3 seconds, the recoil has reached its 'maximum' and your pointer won't go anymore up. Especially the MG36 has this, so that makes it a bit easier to keep firing with it while on the move.

PHP Developer
    BF3 PC
    Grezvany13
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: Grezvany13 Steam ID: Grezvany13

Quote Originally Posted by GrubieNL View Post
    I also found out that if you keep firing for like 2-3 seconds, the recoil has reached its 'maximum' and your pointer won't go anymore up. Especially the MG36 has this, so that makes it a bit easier to keep firing with it while on the move.
    It's an old "bug", where recoil is only there the first 40-50 rounds (I guess it's because AR's only have 30). After that the weapon has no recoil at all (both horizontal and vertical), and you'll only suffer from the huge spread which most LMG's have.

With the patch there's a little glitch:
    - take the RPK-74M
    - use bipod, any scope/sight and extended mags
    - now you've got a 200 round LMG with almost no recoil, even from the hip and walking around!

Or:
    - take the M60E4
    - use bipod, any scope/sight and silencer
    - EPIC WIN!

Or:
    - take the M249
    - use bipod, any scope/sight and laser sight
    - now you only have horizontal recoil, while firing from the hip

As you can see, the bipod is a little bugged at LMG's right now. So even when it's not deployed it gives the no-recoil bonus.
    Member of [DD] DoubleDutchClan - Largest Dutch Multi Gaming Community Since 2007

Proud developer of: BF3Stats API Class - A simple PHP Framework for your own projects

BFBC2 PC
    Grubie
    BF3 PC
    GrubieNL
    Gamer IDs

Lol, that's something I didn't know. DICE has got to do some work here.

RPK 200 round mag= a lot of kills very fast same with M60E4

New User

i'll try the bipod thing next, back on support this week some. its defineately the spread, i saw some videos on youtube and tested it by shooting at a wall. form 20 feet the spread was like a shotgun blast on the wall eventhough i'm keeping the gun steady on target. guess if the bipod thing doesn't work no more lmg's for me cause i'm not one to go prone and camp in a croner. assault, engineer and all kit guns are for the most part still awesome though.