Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Queue Stuck

Re: AW: Queue Stuck

Quote Originally Posted by vontoda View Post
    Hello cottton
    I think this stats are real - see this screenshots from my account (score, kills, deaths are the same):
    The method Gametracker is using, is very similar to our method. We're however fetching the data straight of EAs/DICEs servers and convert them to human readable data as seen on bfbcs.com - I'm not sure how Gametracker is doing it exactly.

So as soon as you click on update, we check in the background when your last update was and if there's any new data since your last update. If there is, we fetch the data if not, we don't fetch any data. We do rely on EAs/DICEs servers, that they respond to our requests as if they don't, we can't fetch anything.

New User

Re: AW: Queue Stuck

Pls not for me man..... I started to play again BFBC2 Vietnam at the begining of 2015. I playing mostly on the same server. I was able to update my stats until the begining of june.. since 2015.06.04, nothing....

Re: Queue Stuck

Any updates? This problem has been here for way too long and it needs to be fixed.

New User

Still nothing...

BFBC2 PC
    BC2BanList
    BFBC2 PC
    cottton
    BFBC2 PC
    cotttonPistlOnly
    BFBC2 PC
    RememberMe |.o
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: cottton

AW: Queue Stuck

is there a chance that this get fixed, or should we call it "gg, bfbc2 is done"
    (talking about pc -- updates/new player inserts dont work)

It looks like DICE isn't coming back with any answer or info. I'll talk to April tomorrow to see if he's got any news on this and will get back to you.

BFBC2 PC
    BC2BanList
    BFBC2 PC
    cottton
    BFBC2 PC
    cotttonPistlOnly
    BFBC2 PC
    RememberMe |.o
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: cottton

AW: Queue Stuck

Thanks
    Would be sad if the stop supporting BC2.
    Would not be that sad if they give us BC3

I'm still stuck in the damn queue.

Who's responsible for this website? According to EA, they are not, and neither is DICE.

Two months and nothing is fixed.
    I think they never fix it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacanacy View Post
    Who's responsible for this website? According to EA, they are not, and neither is DICE.
    This website is a private project and not related to EA nor to DICE. As stated in previous posts, we however rely on the data from EA/DICE. If that end is broken, we don't get any data and cannot update any players. The queue is getting stuck as there seems to be a connection problem between EA/DICE and our service, which has to be fixed by them but unfortunately we don't get any reply out of these guys, so cannot provide more info on this.

I can only talk to 1ApRiL again and see if he can send them another email to keep nagging at them.

Any news during the last two weeks?

Updates still not work

Any news during the last four weeks or are BFBC2 stats finally broken?

New User

sign sign sign

BFBC2 PC
    1ApRiL
    NFS World
    1APRIL
    BF2
    1ApRiL
    BF3 PC
    1ApRiL

I think this is never going to be fixed.
    The contact at DICE who helped most of the time with such issues left the company and the successor doesn't answer.
    I'm sorry, that it went that way.
    Admin of bfhstats.com / bf4stats.com / bf3stats.com | Twitter

AW: Re: Queue Stuck

Quote Originally Posted by 1ApRiL View Post
    I think this is never going to be fixed.
    Thank you for the response - even that it´s not the one we were hoping for.

The contact at DICE who helped most of the time with such issues left the company and the successor doesn't answer.
    Do you think this will have any consequence for the other stats? At least for the next Versions of Battlefield, Bad Company?

I'm sorry, that it went that way.
    I am sorry, too. They (EA/DICE) should be happy that someone is doing the job they should do for their community and shouldn´t let you and your community alone. It´s an old game and i understand that they are investing their time in new projects but at least this old game will not have any update anymore and so they just have to invest the time once.

I really hope this is not the beginning of the end of p-stats api.
    Last edited by Kackfohgel; 2015-11-10 at 16:53.

Gamer IDs

Steam ID: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/AWOLGAMERS

I've registered a complaint with the BBB concerning EA and their lack of response with this issue. Though EA is not officially enrolled with the BBB, I hope this gets the ball rolling.
    Last edited by sheptar; 2016-01-02 at 02:01.

Gamer IDs

Received today from EA regarding my BBB complaint:

"From what I have gathered on this I can see that you are reporting an issue with the data provided on BFBCS.com for Bad Company 2. I play the Battlefield games myself and I have admit that out of our older Battlefield tittles Bad Company 2 is one of my all time favorites.

The data provided to this third party site as a courtesy on the studio's behalf, if they chooses to no longer share this information this is their decision. I know for games like this involve a very tight gaming community and often involves third party sites such as BFBCS.com however this isn't something in which we have a say.

I know you also mention connectivity issues in the your BBB, if you are running into connection issues I can look into this further if you care to share the details on the issue at hand."

I replied clarifying we'd be OK with any scenario (them cutting us off or fixing the issue) so long as we know what's going on. I said we just wanted some closure. I also restated the connectivity issues were solely regarding retrieval of stats by this site with EA's info.

BFBC2 PC
    1ApRiL
    NFS World
    1APRIL
    BF2
    1ApRiL
    BF3 PC
    1ApRiL

Thank you for your engagement.

It is right that the API access is based on an agreement with DICE. From a software developer perspective I can understand that it is not very pleasant to touch such an old system to investigate the problem.
    The API seems not to be the most stable system. In January it suddenly didn't work at all. I reported that. They fixed something, which lead to the PC platform to work again. But PS3 and 360 were still erroneous.
    In March only PS3 didn't work. I reported that and they probably did something and somehow PC also stopped to work. Since then, no feedback anymore.
    At least 360 updates are working.
    Admin of bfhstats.com / bf4stats.com / bf3stats.com | Twitter

Gamer IDs

A final reply today:

"If DICE decide whether or not they will pursue their relation with BFBCS.com is entirely up to them and should that be the case announcing it publicly is also their decision, this isn't something in which we have our say.

I apologize however this isn't information to which we have access, we would have to wait for DICE to announce it first."

Unfortunately, DICE is based in Sweden and I can't use a BBB complaint to contact them. At least we narrowed things down a bit.