New User

API (how to use)

Hi,

I never used API and I don't know that much about web developping (only started this year and only know HTML5 and CSS3).

I would like to know if with your API, we can create a kind of stats section for our website. What I would like to make is a kind of Battlelog, but with my own design and without "refresh" like on your website. Battlelog for MOHW is a bit broken, so...

Also, I would like to know if with the API it's possible to make an app for IOS, Android or Microsoft Store?

Thank you

NFS World
    WOLLFUSSEL

Re: API (how to use)

Quote Originally Posted by nic727 View Post
    Hi,

I never used API and I don't know that much about web developping (only started this year and only know HTML5 and CSS3).

I would like to know if with your API, we can create a kind of stats section for our website. What I would like to make is a kind of Battlelog, but with my own design and without "refresh" like on your website. Battlelog for MOHW is a bit broken, so...

Also, I would like to know if with the API it's possible to make an app for IOS, Android or Microsoft Store?

Thank you
    He ho,

I´m neither good in programming, but I know that you need access to the speedapi.

How it works, idk, but you can try to ask "1April". You have to contact EA, they can grand you access / an account to the speedapi, but not everyone is able to get it.

mh ??!!

regards WollFussel

Hi guys,

as the thread starter mentioned "Battlelog for MOHW", he doesn't need to use any speed api nor is it required to ask EA

@nic727: 1ApRiL provided an API for MOHW, which you can use in any programming languages. The APIs structure is almost the same throughout the P-Stats Network.

HTML5 and/or CSS3 is however not a programming language but rather more a structur building language for websites.

You could use PHP/Java/C/C++/C#/etc. to build a script to access our API and show the result on your website.

If I should get the time, I'll gladly put up a basic thing for you in PHP, which you can then use and build onto it. For further PHP help, I always found the website PHP.net very helpful

New User

Thank you. I will learn PHP and other stuffs like that in the futur, but your help could be appreciate. I don't want to start right now, because it will be too much, but I have some projects. I would like to create an IOS and Android app too about MOHW with a forum section (maybe my own forum). Don't know if for that I need mohwstats API or EA one (or they are the same).

Currently it's just a project...

Thank you for your answer

If you want to build an app (iOS or Android), you can always use our API to fetch the required data. I'm however not too familiar with iOS or Android app programming as I don't need that in my job I did however already think about having a look at this as it could never hurt somebody to learn something new.

As for the PHP thing, I did already start on it but have to do it step by step due to my work hours.

Some elements to the API are simple, such as players online. It doesn't use a variable within the data parsed so you can simply pull it straight from the API. The API can be displayed in different formats, I personally prefer JSON as it lays Raw data out in a really simple way. I wouldn't mind helping you out with a few things like the current players online. Do you have Skype or something? Ill help you get things started

Alright I managed to get some time at work and build a very simple and basic leaderboard (it was adapted from another user who created a leaderboard for battlefield on these forums). You can use that code and extend it in your favour.

mohw.zip