Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

What are your thoughts on bf3 so far?

one thing that drives me crazy so far is the tanks,,,my god you run over a rock and the tanks will just spin in a circle like your on a carnival ride,,,what the heck,,,i wish they were like the tanks in bfbc2 much better in my opinion,,,,what do you think????

Re: What are your thoughts on bf3 so far?

everything is great. just feel some sizes of the guns are way out of the proportion comparing to the size of the character.

So far, the game is everything I thought it was gonna be, lots of fun

BFBC2 PS3
    turpz
    BF3 PS3
    turpz

With over 75 hours server time, I now feel my true opinion is formed. Being a BFBC2 vet i expected big things of BF3 and despite some initial and expected teething problems, and not to mention noob week ! The game in its current state is probably the best shooter i have played on any platform. I dont make that bold statement lightly, being a FPS shooter fan for over 10 years. Yes since the original MOH! BF3 delivers the best combat experience of any videogame i have played.

Sure there is some niggling issues. Comms for one are ropey and keeping a settled squad of mates together can be bothersome. I have seen some lag but not much. For the most the dedicated servers and support set BF3 above the rest specially on the platform i current play which is PS3. Was a hard first few weeks but now with rank and experience the corner has been turned and the positives of this game far outway any bad .

Things i love are just the over all atmosphere and emmersive combat. The graphics and lighting. Specially the harsh sunlight give it a unique feel. The game looks and plays with great realism. I think the physics and gameplay handle well. The overall presentation is slick and with a strong DLC catalogue due, the franchise looks set to be well supported. I like Battlelog which is free and the over all stats. Which is why i joined this place.

Just need more destruction, dog tag lists. Ability to cook nades and the squad comms issue addressed and its a dear damn perfect game. BF3 is the premier War game . I'm in for the longhaul thank you Dice !

New User

Quote Originally Posted by turpz View Post
    Just need more destruction, dog tag lists. Ability to cook nades and the squad comms issue addressed and its a dear damn perfect game. BF3 is the premier War game . I'm in for the longhaul thank you Dice !
    Hold the grenade button and shoot button to cook nades LB and RT on my 360 set up

The game is EPIC - that word is banded around on the internet but this game genuinely is. Forget the bugs, it's all about the games. No other game have I played where I have so many "Battlefield moments" - everyday me and my work friends have new stories to tell about the previous nights games.

Free falling from Damavand Peak in Rush - WTF? Genius!

New User

Do you feel you can destroy less on bf3 than the bad company games? Not complaining, just observing.

This is the best fps game I have ever played. Never going back to cod.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	xromel.png
Views:	204
Size:	84.4 KB
ID:	713  
    Last edited by xromelbf3; 2011-11-21 at 13:26.

Quote Originally Posted by A-ric View Post
    Do you feel you can destroy less on bf3 than the bad company games? Not complaining, just observing.
    actually,,i think at this point there was more damage on 2 than 3,,a lot of bldgs don`t blow up when you hit them with tank rounds,,im sure it will get better,,

New User

a worthy followup to Battlefield 2, which at it´s release set the standard for immersive FPS games. Now if only the MW-tourists would f*ck off, and the actual fans are left to play, it´s gonna be sweeter than it already is.
    I was looking forward for such a long time to this game, and it has not dissapointed. Minor flaws here and there are masked by the fantastic maps and gameplay. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!

I think this is an excellent follow-up to BF2 and the real proof will be when the Back to Karkand expansion hits us. The only gripe I have is how much they have weakened the Recon/Sniper kit. I know most people hate camping snipers but with the variation of maps on BF3, that would have been kept to a minimum. To take the C4 AND clays off them is a bit harsh in my opinion.

I think the game is excellent, meet and exceeded my expectations.

well,,im starting to really love this game. wish i was home right now shooting,,,grrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Well my friend, good question for me to answer- I feel as if BF3 has really taken gaming expectations to a whole new level, I love it; There are few things that they need to improve on, but all games do have their faults, I feel as if the F2000 even though it is the gun I use most, is far to over powered and needs a little nerf to balance the game- Also the same with the A-91. Now I know people use these guns and think they're amazing, don't get me wrong even though they're slightly op'd they are amazing guns and I do not wish to insult but that is my opinion.
    Another thing I don't like is the fact on xbox 360, not sure about ps3 or PC, is that you can't have games with only one map playing 24/7, I loved that feature on BF2, and no i'm not talking about BFBC2, I'm talking Old school bf2- That was one of my favorite things being able to play karkand over and over, and if I could get to play Operation Metro over and over it would be fantastic.
    Other than them faults I've stated, and a few I know I haven't but will be patched soon I gather, the game is a superb and has, again, taken gaming to a new level- Hopefully by the time the next battlefield is released It will have a bigger audience than what Call of Duty, as it is in general a far better game.

BF2
    larssy1
    BF2142
    Sheppard
    BF3 PC
    Unrealxs
    Gamer IDs

XFIRE ID: teamssx Steam ID: ssxd1991

simple:
    I LOOVE IT!!!

So far so good, loving the game. The parts of the game which I enjoy the most is the intense firefights which takes place during the matches.

Absolutely terrific game!!!!! and its only gonna get better

New User

BF3 is awesome, having played BFBC & BFBC2, this game is even better. There's only a few minor flaws left since the last update. Can't wait for the Christmas noobs. :]

I haven't seen a building blow up or come all they way down yet. They seem to drop in peices.

i have to say from when i posted this thread originally i hated the tanks,,,but now that i have all the unlocks i actually love them,,still not seeing as much damage as there was in bfbc2,,,just saying,,

Quote Originally Posted by marczje View Post
    BF3 is awesome, having played BFBC & BFBC2, this game is even better. There's only a few minor flaws left since the last update. Can't wait for the Christmas noobs. :]
    I will be home for Christmas! I will duck!!